Monday, February 21, 2011

Meet our freshman fashion designer, Forrest Simms!



We will be following Forrest throughout the semester as he creates his first piece for the Silver Needle Fashion Show and becomes accustomed to life at Marist.

Age: 18
Hometown: Denver, Colorado
Favorite Color: Turquoise
Favorite designer: Galliano and Versace are my personal favorite designers. As far as inspiration I tend to look to iconic women like Marilyn Monroe or Betty White. I like woman who lived during a given time period but made their style their own.
Why did you choose Marist for fashion? 
I actually heard about Marist from a friend who went here and liked it a lot. I knew I wanted to go to school for design.
What are your essentials for a day in the lab?
I need to have my planner to keep track of everything. As a freshman I am only making one piece for the show, but I am an assistant to the directors of the Fashion Show Production class so I am in the Fashion Department quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment