Thursday, May 12, 2011

Silver Needle Fashion Show : Eva Block


Model Laura Furlong is wearing Eva Block's sophomore design using the fair trade fabrics.  As one of my personal favorites, I believe this look is fashion forward and ahead of its time.  Eva's inspiration comes from what she sees around her, mainly focusing on nature.  Her spirit is tuned to the beauty of the natural world, and it is exhibited perfectly in her first complete look.  



As Laura walks the runway, Eva sat behind me, beaming with joy of her first complete look.  Eva will continue to take an out of the box approach to designing, as she hinted when talking to me about her plans for next semester.  But when I asked what specifically she had in mind, she replied with a twinkle in her eye, "You'll have to wait and see."  I expect to see great things from this young designer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment